Display and control macOS, Linux and Windows with Omniedge
In computing, Virtual Network Computing (VNC) is a graphical desktop-sharing system that uses the Remote Frame Buffer protocol (RFB) to remotely control another computer. It transmits the keyboard and mouse input from one computer to another, relaying the graphical-screen updates, over a network. VNC is platform-independent – there are clients and servers for many GUI-based operating systems and for Java.
Multiple clients may connect to a VNC server at the same time. Popular uses for this technology include remote technical support and accessing files on one's work computer from one's home computer, or vice versa.
With OmniEdge, VNC can have a wonderful feature, replace expensive tools by OmniEdge's peer-to-peer network, remote control computres from anywhere, anytime.
VNC's features include:
- Remote Control
- Cross-platformm, PC to PC, Mobile to PC across Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, and Android.
- File transfer
- And More
- Install OmniEdge for your macOS, linux, or windows, and on your androiddevices. Read the OmniEdge Installation Instruction to install OmniEdge.
- Install VNC Servers and Clients, you can use TightVNC or REALVNCfor windows.
2 Install TightVNC for Windows
Download TightVNC, and install it. TightVNC runs on any version of Windows.
You can refer the Doc: TightVNC for Windows: Installation and Getting Started (PDF) to install and get TightVNC running.
2.1: Install TightVNC。
For Windows 64bit：tightvnc-2.8.27-gpl-setup-64bit.msi
For Windows 32bit: tightvnc-2.8.27-gpl-setup-32bit.msi
Double click and follow the instructions to install.
2.2: Run and Setup TightVNC Server。
After run TightVNC Server, you can see a tray icon,：
Setup the password for remote control by right clicking the tray icon of TightVNC Server：
Click Configuration Menu, Set the password and remember
3. Installing OmniEdge Windows
You need install omniedge on every machine you want to connect, here we take windows for example. If you remote computer is using a different OS, please refer OmniEdge Download to download related version of OmniEdge.
OmniEdge Windows is compatible with Windows 7,10(arm) & Windows Server 2016,2019.
Last update: Version 0.2.2, January 16,2022.
- Download and run the Windows installer
- Click on "Log in…" from the Omniedge icon now in your system tray
- Sign in with your email address
- Click "Connect" in the menu bar from the tray icon. After a pop-up disappears, a secure VPN connection is initialized.
4. Remote Control a friend's Computer
You can invite your friend to your virtual network, and remote support and control your friend's computer through VNC. You friend's computer needs to install VNC and running OmniEdge as well.